Friday, January 20, 2012

My Family

Growing up, my family used humor in good times, hard times, stressful times (which coincidentally is how we feel about food too, but that's a different post).  The humor was typically at someones expense, but no matter, funny is funny.  To an innocent by-stander, it is not uncommon to see looks of shock, surprise, horror and the like...but the bottom line is...we are funny. 

A few other notes about my family:
  • In using a gauge between Leave it to Beaver and Rosanne...we are closer to plaid than pearls.
  • You were more likely to see us at a buffet than a fine dining establishment
  • There were 4 women and 1 man in my family.  We all shared one bathroom.  This has got to have some kind of lasting impact on a person.
  • My dad is the worst offender of rudeness...perhaps it was survival in a family of women.  My sister nicknamed him "evil".
  • Despite my belief (perhaps wishful thinking) that I am adopted, I am told this is not the case. Which is typically followed by the additional, un-solicited information that I was conceived at Disney Land.  Gross.
  • We love to laugh.  Despite all of our different personalities and perspectives, we have always loved each other and we have always loved to laugh.
I say all of this to give perspective on my future posts.  I am a product of this environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment